Create an original wildflower watercolor painting with your new watercolor travel set. Plus, take home a tote bag with your wildflower art printed on it! Kimberly Heimbach, the artist behind Ladyfolk Studio, will lead you through the basics of watercolor painting while making your own wildflower art. While you enjoy wine, snacks and shopping in the Soul Project while your original art is printed on a canvas tote bag in store.
Photoshop... a designer, business owner, blogger and photographer's best friend!
This beginners workshop is designed to get you up and running with Adobe Photoshop in just four hours. The focus will be on step-by-step instruction leading you through the most commonly used tools and techniques needed.
What is included in the cost:
- 4 hours of instruction from LCAD alumni and design instructor Kimberly Heimbach
- Photoshop informational handout, including tutorials from the class to take home
- Imagery to work with on tutorials.
- time for personal questions about photoshop to be addressed.
- catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- gift bag including 25% off your first private in-home photoshop lesson.
What you will learn:
- the photoshop user interface, i.e. where to find everything you need!
- the basics of resizing and retouching images, to keep your website and social media looking fresh!
- what resolution means and how to keep your images looking sharp.
- working with type and adding it type to imagery for compelling marketing.
- creating basic graphics and brushes to add an artistic touch.
What you need to bring:
- your laptop
- Adobe photoshop installed, instructions and download your free 30 day trial here.
- your questions about Adobe Photoshop.
*No prior experience with Adobe Photoshop is required for this class. Limited seating available.
I cannot tell you how excited I am for my next workshop: Paint, Sip and Print, Watercolor Pineapple turned Tote bag!
Have you heard of a direct to garment printer? Commonly referred to as a DTG? It's tote-tally awesome!
Well let me explain what this has to do with the next workshop...
You see, we will be using this bad ass DTG at the Soul Project to print your original watercolor pineapple painting directing onto a canvas tote. How amazing does that sound?! You will get your very own tote bag, with your art on it to take home. Stash your new travel watercolor set and towel in it so you can hit the beach in Laguna to show it off, because everyone loves pineapples!
I will begin the by teaching you all the basics of watercolor painting, including wash techniques, the process for painting, making a composition, dry brushing, and color mixing. After that, I will walk you through a step by step process for making the perfect pineapple painting. You will actually get two chances at this, so you can pick which one you want to print on your bag!
Once you are happy with your painting and it is good and dry, I will be scanning them and printing them on the bags while you get to enjoy yourself sipping wine, chatting with new friends and taking a look in the shop. You can see photos from a past watercolor workshop at The Soul Project here.
The Soul Project is offering a special discount of 15% off this evening for workshop attendees. You are sure to find a new dress for yourself or a gift for someone else. They literally have something for everyone, even mermaids! Not to mention the perfect beach attire clothing for kids, men, and women.
Now hiring! Contact me here to apply to be an intern at my cute home studio in Laguna Canyon. You can also email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me why you want to work with Ladyfolk Studio this summer! This position is part time with flexible hours and for school credit only. You will have the chance to travel with me to events all over Southern California with the opportunity for networking. At the end of the summer internship, you may be offered the opportunity for a part time paid position as a studio assistant. Skills preferred: excellent communication, photoshop knowledge or desire to learn, event or social media experience, photography, and the desire to network. Open to all Junior/Senior high School students and college students!