You might have remembered from a couple weeks back on the blog that one of my New Year's resolutions for a creative and happy New Year was to take time for self-care.
I mentioned a few self-care ideas in that post but I thought I would put together of a whole list of creative ideas for you to try. There is something on this self care idea list for just about everyone. I tried to include a wide range of cost too, from free and up! Let's be honest, we all want self-are but it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg which is totally defeating the purpose and causing you less self-care i.e. stress about money.
For me personally, my creativity thrives on self-care. For those of you not working in a creative field, painting might actually be a really a good outlet to try for self care. It nourishes your creative spirit and can be a form of meditation when you get in that zen like flow. I also find spending time with my adorable dog Mr.Bailey a form of self care. it nurtures my bond with animals and I embrace his care free spirit in the moment. It's definetitely self-care, especially with my dog who loves to play and go for along walks, i.e. self care.
25 Creative Ideas for Self Care Sunday
- buy yourself a variety of flowers and make your own arrangement, get creative!
- meal prep and try out new healthy recipes
- try journaling or sketching in a notebook
- read a new book or pick up an inspiring magazine
- go shopping for the perfect new perfume or essential oil for your personality
- take your dog for a long walk in new neighborhood
- or volunteer to walk a dog at an animal shelter
- organize your closet, make three piles: donate, sell and keep!
- clean and organize your jewelry
- drink warm water with lemon first thing in the morning
- have a social media free day
- try meditating, use an app like clam or headspace
- call a friend to catch up
- meet a family member for lunch
- play a board game with your roommates or spouse
- go for a hike
- make a beautiful smoothie bowl, see instagram for inspiration
- try a new face or hair mask
- deep clean a room in your home
- write an email to someone you admire
- write a letter to yourself about where you to be in a year and open it then
- get a new plant for your home, they help filter the air!
- give yourself a manicure or pedicure
- try dry brushing
- do a workout or yoga video on youtube